Monday, April 4, 2011

Let the races begin

Tonight, Keeprs of the Faith started our first of several Mondays preparing for our AWANA Grand Prix. Lots of adults sanding many cars, while little people ran helter skelter around our church gym sounds a bit tedious, right? Nope, not at all. In fact, our Korean pastor, who has four children, sanded his childrens' cars down to a glass-smooth polish!!! And his hand was really sore. I am a novice at all this, so I thought that Kristinie the Great's Pooh Bear car was sanded pretty good until Mr. Donnie told me it needed to be a lot smoother. Thankfully, Aunt Stace was there to guide me while Mr. Donnie cut cars, and my dear husband sanded some of our childrens' cars. Mrs. Lori was only stopping by for a short visit but ended up doing some sanding too. I did notice she slipped off at some point never to return. Lol. We also had our regularly scheduled snack and Bible lesson. We are memorizing the entire sixth Chapter of Ephesians. It's a lot of fun, too. Next week we begin the very fun, but probably messy job, of painting the cars. Well, the children will do this themselves - we hope. It will be very interesting to see how Beatrice and Kristinie the Great aka Beaker, paint their cars. I will definitely take photos of this special event.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see what they turned out with...I am so excited to go to the race!

    ReplyDelete