Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Arm wrestling and octopus and other crazy things I do

This has been some week and it's only Wednesday. Yesterday everyone was happy and healthy. We were putting up our rabbit fence for our vegetable garden since the parsley, chives, oregano, cilantro, and chocolate mint are starting to come in. And I needed to plant our onions. Well, the older children did not want to help so they went and played. But our Beatrice and Kristinie the Great DID want to help. Both of them have their own way of helping. Our Beatrice, who is four, is the Big Talker. She says things at a decibel level that rivals Ella breaking glass. Not joking. And she says things six or seven times in case I don't hear it the first time. Kristinie the Great, who is two, is our workaholic. She isn't happy unless she has dragged everything she thinks I need over to me. Then she proceeds to use the stuff!! Well, that's what it was like on Tuesday putting up the rabbit fence. Beatrice gladly telling me what I needed to do and what she wanted to help do, and have Kristinie the Great do. And Kristinie the Great trying her best to put the fence up with me. It was like arm wrestling an octopus.

But I digress. I need to back up a day. On Monday, it became apparent a stomach virus was hitting our family - as in our family of friends. I pled the blood of Christ over our home but it was too late. So, to try to stave off spreading the love, I insisted the children throw up outside. Yup. We were spared Monday and Tuesday. Oh, but Wednesday the floodgates were open. It started at about 9:00am with our Maddie. She is a tower though. She gets an upset stomach, gets sick once, and she's done!! It was downhill from that point forward. We were supposed to celebrate my mom's birthday today (I think we missed it last year too because we were sick!!) so Maddie insisted she was fine. Robert said his stomach hurt but thought it was breakfast. So we headed toward Dollar Tree on Military Cutoff. Well, I knew I should not have left the right lane but felt that Robert was OK. NO HE WAS NOT OK!!! He told me he was going to get sick. As I was trying to move over into the right lane to pull off so he could throw up OUTSIDE, a white suburban would not let me through. So, being the Yankee that I am, I cut them off and pulled off the road. Needless to say, our robert did not make it!! So the poor fella finished on the shoulder, had to undress, then climbed back in the van to rest. Meanwhile, Maddie and Lindsay ran back and forth twice to Panera Bread company with towels and water to clean the van. (Note to self: make sure ample cleaning supplies are in van!!) On the second trip, Lindsay fell. I did not realize it and noticed her hair was all wet so I asked her what happened. Poor soul. She not only fell, she fell AND spilled her cup of water all over her!!!

So we got the van cleaned up, came back home (No Dollar Tree), spent the rest of the day watching movies and resting. I feel like a slug from overexposure to the black eye!! By the afternoon, Lindsay was sick. She did run outside which was a relief. I am sort of wondering what my neighbors are thinking.

Sadly, I had to cancel my knitting and crocheting bunch for tomorrow. That's two weeks in a ROW. Boy, do I miss my bunch!! I am claiming Proverbs 17:22 through this whole experience: A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.  Lord willing, tomorrow will bring a more productive day.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my stomach, while revolting on me, has not gone on strike - yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment