Saturday, January 29, 2011

Toddler in the House

God has blessed me with the best children on the planet. I thank the Lord for each and every one of them. I have not had any of the benchmark issues that all the parents' magazines warned me about. I was really disappointed to find that my children never had terrible anythings, serious temper tantrums, picky eating habits, etc. Until that is, Beaker came along! Who is Beaker? Beaker is our fifth child. Her real name is Kristine and she is called Beaker because she sounds just like him when she talks. "Me me me me  me, Mommy, me me me me , blankie, me me me me me!!" Seriously. You have to hear it to believe it. I am now thinking that since our children were two years apart or less, I was spared toddlerhood. The operative word is "was"!!! Beaker could be used as a textbook case study in toddlerhood. If there is anything to get into, she does it. If there is a teeny, tiny, or as my dear husbands' aunt says, "teenintsy" drop of paint, Beaker will spread it far and wide. If she wants something, a simple no you can't have that won't do. If I say no, then she asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks, and asks. Getting the picture?

Don't get me wrong. I love Beaker no matter what state she is in - but it would be nice if she did all this in, say, Alabama, maybe, rather than here in our home!!! God has used her in my life to remind me that I need to relax, not get so bent out of shape, and not lose my temepr myself when things don't go my way. Which, in regards to anything Beaker, is quite often. The older children have learned to work with her persnickety ways and we are all learning a good dose of patience.

1 comment:

  1. i am gonna use that word: persnickety! LOL I think her and BamBam have been reading the same book

    ReplyDelete