Sunday, January 23, 2011

Eavesdropping

I love eavesdropping on my children!! If they forget I am around, they say some of the cutest and funniest things. Our third, Lindsay, who is six, is our fashionista. As she says, "Mommy!! I am sooooo into fashion!" I have to take her word for it because I am soooooooooooooooooo not into fashion. Anyway, she was talking with our fourth, Beatrice, who is four. Lindsay said to be as they were watching a cartoon, "See, Beatrice someday you can be fashionable like that." (Thankfully, Lindsay makes wise, modest choices in fashion, albeit a bit wild!!) And Beatrice says, "Oh, you mean like you, Lindsay?" And Lindsay did not know what to say. I don't think she has ever thought of herself as an example to her sister!! It was so cute. I had no idea Beatrice noticed what Lindsay wore. But there is definitely a lesson in all this: somebody, somewhere is watching me.

It is a reminder of how I need to live my life before my family: Psalm 101:2, "I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart."

My children are watching me. Since I homeschool, they watch me ALL the time!! So it's a great accountability factor to have them watching me all the time. I say my family because a lot of times we give the outside world our best and our family gets what's left. I want my family to get my best AND the outside world to get my best. By God's grace, that will happen!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well I for one am watching you....and I must say you are quite an example. Thank you for being such a good sister in Christ to me!

    ReplyDelete