Monday, January 24, 2011

Captain Hook is my new name

I have come to the point where hearing a cough causes me to tick. Not like the clock in the croc tick but a twitch in myself tick. My dear children have been coughing so much that when there is not a cough I am relieved. But once someone coughs, I start twitching. How long will it last? Will it turn into a dr visit? What can I give them to ease the discomfort? How bad will it get? Do I need to go to the store? Will they heed my admonition to drink, drink, hydrate, drink, drink, drink? Then all is quiet and one is better. Wait!! I hear a cough - I feel a tick, and it starts all over.

Nothing causes more worry in my soul than when my children are ill. It helps me to remember Philippians 4:6,7 because it is a succinct reminder from God that He is taking care of them and I need only petition Him and He hears and answers!! Of course, if He would answer in MY time that would be great but He answers in HIS time!! :) God uses these times to teach me to depend on Him to trust Him!! He knows what they are going through and He knows what I am going through. Thank the Lord for a God who knows us!! :)

Here is Philippians 4:6,7:
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment