Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, same old, same old

My goals this year have not changed from last year. I am like Paul in so many ways. I keep "this one thing I do, forgetting those thing where are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:13b-14) This doesn't mean I work for my salvation. No, I already have that. But I do keep pressing onward, not looking back, whether on my failures as a reminder of the sinner I am, nor resting on my laurels, building myself up rather than God. I must look forward to what God has for me; for my family, for my church, for every person I come in contact with. My life is a mere vapor, a distant memory: Only what I do for Christ will last.

Now don't get discouraged thinking I have no plans!! I have plenty of those!! Be a better Christian, a better wife, a better mom, a better cook, a better cleaner(this one needs LOTS of work!!), a better everything!! But this hasn't changed from last year, or the year before. It continues the same old way. I get excited for the new year every year because I keep thinking I am going to grow up and mature but I am always disappointed!! I thank the Lord He is in control and not me because He loves me just as I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment