Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In like a lamb, out like a lion

It's been a busy few weeks here at the Blake homestead!!! We have been looking forward to spring arriving and to our dismay, winter has decided to stick around. March reversed itself this year: instead of in like a lion and out like a lamb, it is in like a lamb and out like a lion. Nonetheless, there is much to tell about.

Last week I had the opportunity to spend a few days with some of my friends in Cherry Grove, South Carolina. That was a terrific time and I am sorry to say that I have inherited my parents' silly sense of humor!! Well, I'm sorry for my friends, but not for me!!! They (my parents) have a great sense of humor and I am thankful I think I inherited it. It wasn't all just fun and games though. Our fearless leader planned lots of fun stuff for us to do and we also had Bible lessons twice a day, which were a real blessing. And the house God blessed us with was wonderful.  I am really glad I went. You are probably wondering where on earth I put/sent the children for four days. My parents watched them and they did a terrific job. Taylor even got a bit of a break from all of us!!! It was a great time for me to get away. I haven't been away from all the children like that since 2009 when Taylor and I went on a cruise for our tenth anniversary. And I haven't been away from everyone in a really long time!!! The girls and I arrived home on Saturday afternoon. Taylor and Robert had a camping trip (pictures to come later - I accidentally deleted them from my phone) and they came home early Sunday morning.

Prior to my trip, things have just been a bit busy with school, co-op, band, art, church, AND we were all afflicted with the dreaded stomach virus!! Well, thank the Lord everyone is better. We had a terrificly fun day yesterday. The children all worked together - GASP - and pooled their allowances to get a BIG ball. I know you're thinking it can't be anything spectacular but I can assure you - it is beyond spectacular!! Here, take a look.




This photo includes one of our neighbors. She is in the ball.



This is Robert actually IN the ball. It's like a big hamster toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment