Sunday, July 24, 2011

Camp Grandma/Grandpa 2011

Last week was a great week, as usual!! Maddie, Robert, and Lindsay went to day camp. Lindsay and Robert enjoyed it but Maddie wasn't too thrilled with it. She liked the crafts but they played tennis, golf, and swam. Maddie decided right away that tennis and golf were not for her! I heartily agree, although I can handle a round of golf every now and then. I'm not very good but it's pretty fun to knock a little ball all over the place. While they were in camp, some friends came over and helped me paint our kitchen. It took us a day and a half. I went to the nursing home myself and brought my saxophone. While everyone liked my saxophone playing, they were rather disappointed the children were not with me. But I did get to talk to some of the people without having little kids jumping all over me. Thursday was knitting and crocheting. And Friday we went swimming and took a special trip to Sweet and Sassy!!! Yup, a two year old and a five year old getting a mini-mani. My sister-in-law came along and brought her daughter, who is two as well. The girls had a great time. 
My niece!

I told her to say CHEESE!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Beaker getting her nails done.

See how pretty she looks!!!

Beatrice's turn! I think she's a bit tired - I caught her in the middle of a yawn.

The attendant (or whatever they're called) added hearts and stars to their cheeks.

A bit out of order here - Bea getting the finishing touches done!

Beaker was very proud of her star and heart!
My week ended with canning. A friend came over and we canned about 50-60 pints of tomatoes. It was great fun and she was a great worker, too!! No pictures. My camera (not my phone) is broken. I think it will still take photos but not sure.

This week is VERY exciting and I probably won't have much to write next week. For the first time in, well, since I've had Madeline, I am going to be home at my house by myself with no children for a WHOLE week!! From Monday afternoon until Saturday sometime!!! Mr. Handsome's parents are coming tomorrow to get the Gang and bring them to Eagle Springs!! Don't worry - no bonbons and soap operas for me!! It's all work work work!! Cleaning toys, sorting clothes, straightening rooms!! Yay!! AND helping a friend paint! And visiting a couple people I don't get to see with the children. Doing something totally exciting with Mr. Handsome: I am going on visitation!!! I am sooooooo excited about that!! We get to go TOGETHER!! It has been quite some time since we have been able to go on visitation together. Probably 4-5 years, I guess!! I have already started praying that God would go before us and plan our visits. Wednesday is nursing home day. And painting. Thursday is egg pickup, painting, and knitting and crocheting. One of my friends and her family is going to Busch Gardens this week, so we won't see them until Sunday. Friday I am going to lunch at IHOP with a friend. I already know what I"m getting - funnel cakes!!!

Here is one of the shirts my brother made for the Gang's trip to Grandma and Grandpa's. Robert's is red shirt with black lettering. 
 I have said how talented our Maddie is in the past (her sisters and brother follow in her footsteps!) and here is a cute example. Dorothy gave her a dessert decorating book and she made an edible chicken from candy clay. It was so cute!! Notice I used the past tense because we gobbled those chickies up in no time flat!! Way better than peeps. She even dyed coconut to make little nests for them. She also made chocolate peanut butter bars and lemon squares this week. I need to teach her how to make bread, I believe!!

Until we meet again, don't know where, dont' know when........... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment